Lots of places in DC have beer and even though I do not drink beer I would like to share with you this place in Washington, The Bier Baron Tavern.
Why? Its a local hotspot located in Dupont Circle, a somewhat “fancy” district in Washington DC. Here DC people meet up with their friends and coworkers. Don’t expect a fancy place but rather a traditional pub (we call it in Dutch een bruin café) with a wide selection of beer (600 I have been told)
But why more a great place? For sure regarding the live entertainment! My friends took us to a Burlesque show which was a combination of comedy and Burlesque dance. I should have known that sitting in the front row is asking for attention. During the entire show my name was Cindy (because of difficult to pronounce name) and as expected, asked on stage. Luckily other people were chosen to show their best dance moves so I was only needed for the raffle. Phew… For only $15 it was a splendid night out in an American way with drinks, food an live entertainment.
Here are some things you should know :
- Bring your ID – In the USA most often no alcohol is served without your ID.
- If you like beer and on a budget go for the happy hours.
- Upcoming events are find here: http://inlovewithbier.com/wordpress2/upcomingshows/
- Some shows are free.
- Get the best seat and sit front row at a comedy show :-P
- The Bier Baron is located 1523 22nd St. NW Washington DC – http://inlovewithbier.com/
All Burlesque performers were bringing their own style and art on stage. Check the video below for an impression that evening. Any plans for this weekend?